Sunday, April 9, 2017

4 Ollin--Movement

It's been about four years since I've posted and many things have happened. I'm returning to this blog to chronicle my new fashionaut adventures in real life.  Instead of going to normalcy I seem to have fallen into another set of subcultures as is my wont.  So now the focus is on belly dance costumes, and steampunk, because that seems to be the obsessions of the moment.,,

So we begin with a new costume I'm making for my appearance at the ABDC showcase, which isn't a big deal, but for me it is a long cherished goal that was interrupted by a severe illness that might have ended my ability to partake in this hobby.

So to prevent any mishap I am adding embroidered symbols on my costume.  The theme for this is the Aztec glyph "ollin."  It means movement, and it is part of the name of the current (or if you believe it ended in 2012) the past sun.  
The colors I chose are going to be based on this scheme. But everyone does Art Nouveau so I'm going for a more 20s look.

No comments: